Two Projects having same SPRINT Name

Spruha Shah January 24, 2020

Our team has 2 separate projects. FAS End Client Materials & Digital Foundational Infrastructure.

When I try to create Sprint 1 for Digital Foundational Infrastructure, It created as "Digital Sprint 1" as First Sprint Name.

However when I try to create Sprint 1 for FAS End Client Materials, that is also using the other project sprint name i.e. Digital Sprint 1" instead of EndClient Sprint 1 or something related to that project. Please look into it.

2 answers

1 vote
Spruha Shah January 24, 2020

We did use different identifiers for example we used different name for 2nd project but when we created a sprint for second sprint it automatically got renamed to what we named for the 1st project. 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2020

When you create a sprint it is not tied to the project, it uses the default Sprint X. 

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2020

Sprint names are not unique for a specific project, so when you create a sprint, it is recommended that you add an identifier that specifies which project the sprint belongs to, I always recommend my PMs to use the issue key. If you see a sprint from another project on your board, that means that one or more of your issues selected by that board are referencing the other project's sprint.

Suggest an answer