Turn of notifications when importing issues from .csv

Fabian Ferrer April 18, 2019

Hi there,

We´ve noticed that when we upload issues from a .csv file, we don´t have the option to turn off notifications, as we have when we edit issues in a massive way.

Do you know if there´s a setting to turn off notifications for these cases?

Thank you,

KR

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2019

Hello Fabian,

I hope you are having a nice day.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to deactivate the notifications for the specific CSV imported issues, however, you can remove the recipients from the notification scheme that would receive the notification during the CSV import and add it back once the import is complete. These would be the steps:

- Navigate to JIRA Settings > Issues > Notification Schemes

- Click on the relative Notification schemes

- Take a screenshot of your screen with the recipients that will receive the notification for the created issues and remove them

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 18.53.30.png

- Perform the CSV import

- Once the import is complete, use the Screenshot to add the recipient back to your Notification schemes

Let me know if this information helps.

Fabian Ferrer April 23, 2019

Hi Petterson,

Thanks for your answer. Not having such button is a pity, but your solution will help when we import a great amount of issues.

Thank you,

KR 

0 votes
Vladislav May 4, 2020

Hi All,

What if in my case opposite situation?

I have configured notification scheme, but users did not receive email notifications after tickets creation via CSV import.

JIRA version 8.1.1

What might be the issue?

Srikanth Ganipisetty March 20, 2021

Can you please let us know if you have turned off notifications? @Vladislav 

Vladislav March 22, 2021

Hi @Srikanth Ganipisetty 

We did not turn off notifications intentionally. I think it was disabled in some older version of JIRA.

Suggest an answer