Trouble with Custom Field Value - incompatible argument types

Kaytlin Colburn November 30, 2017

Using method found on this forum: 

CustomField cf1 = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Time to resolution");
Double cf1Value=null;
cf1Value=(Double)issues.getCustomFieldValue(cf1);
log.debug (cf1Value);

Getting this error:

No signature of method: java.util.ArrayList.getCustomFieldValue() is applicable for argument types: (com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.ImmutableCustomField) values: [Time to resolution]

Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2017

Hi Kaytlin,

As mentioned by the stack trace, there is no getCustomFieldValue() method available on the Java Type ArrayList. That's just a typo from "issue" to "issues" I guess. 

While issues might refer to multiple issues, each must be evaluated separately (or if you're looking at a single one, you can just change for "issue").

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Kaytlin Colburn December 3, 2017

Thanks! That did help, now seems like the obvious answer but I was too close to the issue to see it. Getting closer!

Still having trouble getting the value I need but I think that's just because the custom value (and created by someone who has since left us) is really complex. The custom field does some calculation to find out how much time has elapsed from when the issue was created to when it was resolved. 

May be back here to see what you think once I get my head around it more.

Thank you again!!

Suggest an answer