Trouble Using my workflow

Thierry October 10, 2019

I just created a new worflow band i created a workflow scheme too but i can't associate them. Even when i modify i don't get options like "publish draft" and the like. What can i do?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gustav L_Estrade
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

Hi @Thierry

The question to publish a workflow only shows if it is active (in use by at least one project). The draft-system of workflows is to make sure no projects are interfered by workflow changes (until they are done). 

Your newly created workflows should hide under "Inactive" until they are being used. 

When you click your workflow scheme, dont you get a button to "Add Workflow" in the top right corner of the screen? There is where you associate a workflow with an issue type and make it associated to your workflow scheme.

Hope this helps, if not please elaborate about your issue!

Good luck

Gustav L_Estrade
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

The workflow scheme also hides under "Inactive" if it is not in use by a project. 

Thierry October 10, 2019

@Gustav L_Estrade Oh I see. I jUst created a new Next-Gen project so i would like to know how i could get my project to use my workflow?

Gustav L_Estrade
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2019

@Thierry

Unfortunately the Next-Gen projects don't have the feature to edit workflows, since it is supposed to be an out-of-the-box setup needing only minor configurations. Atlassian has an active ticket about implementing this functionality. 

If you would consider a classic jira project, then this tutorial about editing workflows might come in handy!

Hope this helps!

Good luck with your Jira endeavours!

Thierry October 11, 2019

Thanks

Like Gustav L_Estrade likes this

Suggest an answer