Trigger an action when issue count is reached?

Lewis Foster July 13, 2021

I'm using JIRA to track product returns to try to improve visibility of common problems. I'd like to set up some sort of trigger / action to alert someone or raise an issue type when, for example, 3 issues with the same label are raised within a 30 day period.

Does anyone have any experience of this sort of thing? There must be something to help spot patterns to avoid relying on humans? 

Thanks

Lewis

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2021

Hi @Lewis Foster

I also could think of an Automation rule (Automation comes with your Jira Cloud plan at no additional cost!) to get informed about critical circumstances in customer support related to inquiries of your customers:

grafik.png

In this example the CRM team would receive a mail when there are more then two requests opened with support team that are labeled as complaint.

You could tweak it according to your needs and I can see that it could get complex when there are many, many use cases. Probably it would be a good idea to speak with the team which (let's say three or four) use cases are pressing the most.
For them you could craft some automation rules.

Please also refer to the documentation which you can find here:
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/expand-jira/automation-use-cases

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Dmytro Koziarevych -Softlist- July 13, 2021

If you use the Jira Server or DC version - I  would recommend using the Alert Catcher add-on for such case (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221707/alert-catcher-jira-integration-with-zabbix-siem?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview). You can create rules and conditions for aggregating the issues and assignee them to the team lead.

More details about how to use the plugin for problem management (as a mass incident) you could find by the link below:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/How-to-implement-problem-management/qaq-p/1525941#M64783

Lewis Foster July 13, 2021

Thanks for your reply, Dmitry. I use Jira Cloud. Would this not work with Jira Cloud?

Dmytro Koziarevych -Softlist- July 13, 2021

Not yet, but the cloud version is on the roadmap :).

Like Lewis Foster likes this
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2021

Hi @Dmytro Koziarevych -Softlist- 

Thanks for contributing to our community.  In the future though we would ask that you please review our Community guidelines for Marketplace vendors.  I can see that you have already added your organization name to your name, but we want to make sure that when you recommend your own product as a solution that you also disclose your affiliation.

Thanks

Andy

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer