Translate transition names - how to?

Rumceisz July 10, 2013

Hi All,

many project leads in our Jira want to translate the transition names. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Rumi

2 answers

5 votes
Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2017

Hi Rumceisz,

better late than never:

Although translating Transition Names is currently (Jira 7.6) not possible via GUI (vote for it: JRASERVER-6798), there is a method to achieve this:

Via Workflow Properties. In the workflow editor, with properties jira.i18n.submit and jira.i18n.title you assign i18n keys to your transitions. The translations of those strings have to be stored in the language packs. Here is described how to do this.

Note that the translation packs will probably be replaced during updates. So you might need to re-add the translations manually after each update...

Best

Martin

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2013

Hi Rumceisz,

There is a plugin currently in Beta release that allows you to translate most JIRA items on the fly: InProduct Translations. I do not know is this working fine with transition names, but please give it a try.

I hope that will help,

Best Regards,

Mirek

Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2017

I don't think this is was Rumceisz was looking for, because this only helps translating all the Strings that come with Jira.

As far as I'm concerned, he wants to provide his custom transition names (used in workflows) in different languages.

Like # people like this
carstenplusplus November 11, 2020

2020 ....still no translateable custom transition names

Like Maxim Maximov likes this
Christian Ziegelt @sp November 17, 2020

and as server is now dead.....

Oleksandr Nikiga November 8, 2021

2021 .... still no translateable custom transition names.

Like # people like this
Kenneth Berg January 27, 2022

2022 .... still no translateable custom transition names.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer