Transition screen does not display for Issue Create

Robert Leachman May 11, 2022

I made a little "confirmation" screen and added it to the workflow, the very top Create transition from the dot to the Open state. The screen is never displayed.

It is a good screen (if a little stupid, but that's what I was asked to do). The screen fires fine in another transition but not Create. I found some vague mention that this is a special condition but no answer for how to address the problem. Any advice?

For context, we want to start reacting more quickly when a Critical issue is created, and want to explain/confirm to our users what it means when they create a hot issue. "Please confirm this problem will knock Earth off its axis in the next few hours if not resolved".

Needs to work with Jira Core and Service Desk.

Thanks!

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2022

The create "transition" is using the screen that is defined as either the default screen or create under Project settings > Screens. You cannot add the screen to the transition in the workflow view.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2022

Hi @Robert Leachman .
As per @Mikael Sandberg there is no ability to add a transition screen on Create.
What you might try is something along the lines of a automated loop transition that gets triggered as a post function that could then throw up the screen supply the user with the required input and leaving the ticket in the post create status re: Open/To Do.  I would imagine something like this could also be achieved in an Automation.

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2022

One other point if you have Scriptrunner you could setup a screen behavior that would handle this and much more.

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Robert Leachman May 12, 2022

Thanks Craig! Can you tell me more? Scriptrunner is powerful but a big topic... I dont see a way to open a screen from Automation?

I feel we're moving into deep waters. The best I can come up with today is an automatic comment to the effect "please add a comment confirming this is really hot because A B or C is true". Not great :/

Suggest an answer