Transfer information from custom fields across projects

Simone Rehbein
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 2, 2022

Hello! Does anyone know a way to transfer custom fields from one Jira project to another? For example we have several custom fields on Project A and we would like the data to transfer to Project B. Creating the custom fields with the same name in each project doesn't work.  Anyone know if this requires a plugin or can be completed using company managed projects or schemes?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There's two things to talk about here.

Boards:  Boards are a view of a selection of issues, upon which the fields live.  To "transfer" information from one board to another, you don't actually do anything - you just make sure the target board includes the issues the information is on.

Projects: This is where I don't understand the requirement.  Projects contain issues, which have fields on them.  Do you mean you want to move the issues into another prooject?

Simone Rehbein
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 3, 2022

Right, sorry - from one project (Kanban) to another project (Scrum). - The board has nothing to do with it. That was a mistake in my terminology. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events