To set time for automatically Workflow transition

Rahul Arora August 3, 2014

Is it possible to apply some function/Condition or validator to set time for transit workflow from one status to another?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2014

Do you mean that you want to make issues move through the workflow if they meet some timing criteria (like "in status of "open" and have not been updated for 4 days")?

The standard answer here is to use Jelly Escalation type scripts to do that. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Jelly+Escalation

If I have misunderstood the requirement though, could you explain it differently?

Rahul Arora August 3, 2014

yes, but I don't want to close the issue , only wanted to move or escalate it to next workflow level.

Let say open-> Level1-> level2

So if it is on Level-1, I wanted to move it to level-2 after some time if it is not moved manually

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2014

The escalation stuff pushes issues through the workflow. It just happens that Atlassian need it to do "close". You need it to do a different transition, so change it to suit your transitions rather than Atlassians.

Suggest an answer