Time spent in status

What is the best way to learn how much time a specific issue spent in a specific status?

For example, I have a Priority 1 issue with an SLA of 1 hour. Not only do I want to know whether the SLA was met or breached, but I want to know how much time it specifically spent in the initial 'Waiting For Support' status. Did the agent pull it in 5 minutes? 50 minutes? Open to addons if that's the solution, but if this is a capability of JIRA Service Desk out of box I'd love to know.

Thanks!

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Jack Brickey Community Champion Jan 05, 2017

This is an area that has always frustrated me w/ JIRA. I have always felt it should be there natively and I see this as an important feature. Just yesterday I was trying to analyze 2016 activities and would love to have a view that showed average time in each status for a given project. There is a dashboard gadget "Average time in status" that I have never gotten to work but likely a misunderstanding on my part. I keep coming back to it to try an figure it out but get frustrated and push it aside. If you use server there is a plugin (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.obss.plugin.time-in-status/server/overview) that may be the ticket. Unfortunately I'm on cloud so no luck there.

this topic peeked my interest. Here is a AA thread on the "Average time in status gadget" that might help - How do I get the "Average Time In Status" chart to work?. I'm going to have another go at it.

the article helped and I at least got the chart to 'work' but it still falls short of my needs and I have to export to excel and create the tables/charts I want. I may look at MS BI to see if it could be useful now that it is integrated w/ JIRA cloud.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

276 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you