Time field that doesn't show the date

Colleen Gotling June 28, 2024

I am trying to create a field in Jira that will show just the time.  At first, I didn't think it was possible so I created a custom dropdown with every time in intervals of 30 minutes. But then when I was creating my form, I noticed there is a time field available when I add a new field to my form.  I added this and tested in preview mode and this is exactly what I want.  the problem is that I need to link the field to a jira field and every time I link it to a Jira field it changes the field type and it is no longer "time".  I tried a field that is just numeric, I tried a field that is just text.  I even tried a date field but again, it won't keep it as time only.  Why would there be an option to create a field on a form that is time only but you can't link it to any jira field.  Is there a way to get around this somehow?  

Time field being used in the form.PNGtime field in forms.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2024

Hi @Colleen Gotling,

I understand your point; unfortunately there is no time only custom field available in Jira - there is a feature request for something like it that you can track here: JSWCLOUD-15988.

Forms are an acquisition Atlassian made a while ago; it used to be a Marketplace app called ProForma and is now integrated in JSM. One of the core use cases was being able to build flexible forms that do not require you to define a Jira custom field for every piece of information you want to collect from your users - still a very valid argument. But that may indeed have led to the somewhat unfortunate situation you get with e.g. the time only field.

Hope this helps!  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events