It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Time Reports for Logged Work

Hello,

We current have Jira 4.4.3 and GreenHopper 5.8.2 installed in our environment. I was wondering if there's a way to produce a report showing a summary of all logged time along with a grand total against a specfic "environment".

What I'm trying to achieve here is to track and report how much time my dev team is spending fixing production issues. In order to accomplish this, I have created a required "Environment" field with a drop-down list which includes "production" as an option in the list. I have instructed everyone in the team to create a jira ticket with "production" selected from the list and log all time spent on that issue against it.

My hope was that then I could pull a monthly or weekly report showing the total time spent or "logged" (with a breakdown per user) of the whole team fixing these production issues.

Is this possible through our version of Jira / GH? do I need to get a plugin, if so which one?

Thanks,

AZ

4 answers

I have two developers working and logging hours in the same task, so I need to Know how much either developer worked not by task but in the sprint. How Can I do This?

With the time tracking report I need to have a version. Is it possible without?

Jira Timesheet Plugin provides better time-tracking reports and it can group by a Custom Field also so it should satisfy your need.

Full disclosure that @Andriy Zhdanov is the Jira Timesheet plugin author is important information to have in this answer.

Like # people like this

Well done @cori schlegel that was important smile

Why after the installation it changed whole JIRA look? -.^

You may try https://vizydrop.com. We have predefined templates for JIRA time tracking (worklog based). We have report editor which allows creating almost any custom reports for JIRA issues and time records.  

TimeSpent.png

Read more here: https://medium.com/vizydrop/visualize-data-from-jira-7b5ebc1fc839

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Calling all Jira Cloud users! Give us feedback on our exploration of a new navigation.

Hi everyone! My name’s Matt and I’m a product manager at Atlassian. I work in the navigation & findability space for all our Jira Cloud products. We’ve been working on trying to improve the exp...

1,061 views 16 12
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you