Ticketing system and manual task time tracking for jira

Can anybody please suggest ticketing system and manual task tracking plugins for JIRA?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

Jira IS a ticketing system, and a manual task tracker, and several other things because it's an issue tracker.

I think you need to explain your requirements better.

I am new to JIRA and my task was limited to setup but my client asked me for these two features. His requirements in his words as follow

• Manual Task tracker: I want task tracking system where I can see who is working on which task. My team will log their time manually by selecting on which task they are working.
  • Ticketing System: In ticketing system, I want my customer be able to send tickets via emails.

Jira has a general rule that the "assignee" is "the person currently working on this issue" (I say general rule because you don't *have* to use it that way, but it is a good way to work)

To log time, they use, um, log time.

Ticketing system - that's not quite what a ticketing system is, but you can easily set up jira to "create or comment" via email.

In short, you don't need plugins or fuss, just to read the configuration docs. (Although, I'd be tempted to reach for the JEMH plugin if the incoming mail handlers can't do waht you think you want them to)

Ya I thought same about task tracking, thanks.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

685 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you