This site requires authentication in Jira

Radek Dering July 13, 2020

Annotation 2020-07-13 095013.pngI got this info in bitbucket and I am an admin in Jira but could not find where to go to authenticate access.

3 answers

0 votes
Tue Sander Barfred December 12, 2022

I had the same problem and followed this guide (a few times) and then finally it worked.

For me it seemed like a issue of having the same tabs (Jira) opened in the same browser that blocked the authentification to go through. 

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/connect-bitbucket-cloud-to-jira-software-cloud/

0 votes
Rajesh Kumar Nayak March 12, 2021

After login by same User id and as a admin with same browser also ,still same issue

0 votes
Swetha Boyapati
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2020

Hi @Radek Dering ,

When you are integrating Bitbucket Cloud with JIRA Cloud, please make sure that you are an admin on both sites and are logged in via the same browser, so when Bitbucket redirects you to authenticate and grant access in JIRA, you should be authenticated(in JIRA) with the same email as Bitbucket Cloud. 

iwAwiS November 13, 2020

Hi @Swetha Boyapati  we are also having this issue, we have two Jira sites and for both Jira sites we are using same email as in bitbucket. It shows connect button for one of the JIRA sites however we want the second site to be connected as it has the correct URL. Please advice

ldmatto_Spia-r June 14, 2021

@Swetha Boyapati

would  be  very useful if you could past some links on how to verify the steps your are quoting, since it seems it is very easy to resolve but some (like me) still having issues to resolve it.

thanks,

Like Sanka Insomphou likes this

Suggest an answer