The "edit workflow" for project admin is missing

Sandra Meessen September 3, 2018

Hello, in v7.11 I expected the project admin to be allowed to edit the workflow for their project (under the limitations mentioned in documentation: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Allow-project-admins-to-edit-workflow-in-7-3/qaq-p/628592). I expected an option "edit workflow", but I only have 3 options: edit. workflow and fields. Is my project admin missing certain permissions? or something else?

Testcase 9 16.JPGThank you

1 answer

2 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2018

Hi @Sandra Meessen

The first choice 'Edit' while you are viewing the workflow is the option is you are looking for..

Try it and let me know if you need any help

Sandra Meessen September 4, 2018

Hello Fazila, yes, that's correct, but I can't change any validator/conditions or postfunction on any transition with that option. Can a project administrator change these items in a workflow that's only used in this one project?

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2018

Hi @Sandra Meessen

The project admin can only add statuses and transitions in the workflow.. 

Validators, conditions, postfunctions, properties etc can be modified only by the JIRA administrator.

Suggest an answer