The property value for opsbar-sequence is being ignored

Craig Devine June 10, 2021

Hi, 

I've been trying to set a 'Cancelled' status to be the last option in the drop down menu. 

Regardless of what value I enter in the transition, it's being completely ignored and cancelled is at the top/in the middle/wherever it wants to be. 

I've had a look on the community pages but I couldn't find anything conclusive to point out what my error might be. 

Any ideas?

3 answers

1 vote
Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2022

Ordering the Transitions with Opsbar-sequence does not work in Jira Cloud anymore. (Last time I checked) Because the Status Dropdown has you selecting the next Status, not the next Transition name.

I believe that to reorder the Statuses in the Status Dropdown in Cloud, you now have to go to (cogwheel) Settings; Issues; Statuses, 
And reorder that whole list on the screen by moving each status up or down one slot at a time using the up and down arrows. (see screenshot below)

Depending on how many Statuses exist in your instance, this is not an optimal solution. And the sequencing will affect ALL your workflows, so order carefully. 

Status order.jpg

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2021

Hi @Craig Devine  - did you ever get this worked out? 

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2021

Hi @Craig Devine ,

I think the problem is the opsbar-sequence needs to be set as a transition property, not status.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events