The following hidden fields on the request type do not have the required preset values

Morvin Dixon October 1, 2019

I am new to Jira.  I just took over an IT contract and they are using Jira to handle their support requests.  In going through the process of removing the old support person, I now have these 3 lingering errors that I can not see to get rid of.  I scoured the forms and help and still seem to be coming up short.  HELP!!

Jira-Errors.jpg

3 answers

0 votes
Zeerak Khurshid September 12, 2023

Hello, 

I'm wondering if you found a solution to this error for the Request Types?

Regards,

Zee

0 votes

I had hoped it would be that easy but here are the screenshots that I see.  When I click "Fields" I get this page with no option to change who the Assignee field to a different person.

Fields.jpg

When I click Project Settings link I get this page:

Settings.jpgOnce again, no option to change the Default Assignee.

I thought may if I changed who the Project lead was it would fix all of these problems, but from what I understand from the forms, the person who creates the project is the project lead forever.  So obviously something is mis-configured, different, I don't know what I am doing or all of the above.  None of my screens look like any of the screens in any of the documentation.

Still stuck

Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 1, 2019

I believe in Cloud you must do the following:

On the People section (left sidebar) see at the top of the page to change it.

Regards

I m definitely using Jira Cloud The People section allows me to Add/Remove People and define access, which I have done.  It does not let me change who a project lead is or change the Default Assignee.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 1, 2019

Sorry, you are absolutely correct.

On Jira Cloud this should be configured at the bottom of the project Details sections for classic project.

It seems yours is a next-gen project, and I've not been able to find an easy way. Do you mind to try the following?

There's a way to do this for Next Gen projects. I don't remember the original source, but go to:

https://[account name].atlassian.net/secure/project/EditProject!default.jspa?pid=[PID NUMBER]

account name - first part of your URL

PID NUMBER - your project ID

Example:

https://testcompany.atlassian.net/secure/project/EditProject!default.jspa?pid=10029

Then you'll be presented with a page that lets you change the Project Lead. I had to go thru trial and error to figure out what my Project ID was.

To reliably determine what a NextGen project's pid is, although it is a little convoluted:

1. Load up the Jira project list.
  2. Click on your project to access your next gen project's dashboard.
  3. Press "/" to bring the global search overlay.
  4. Under the "RECENT BOARDS, PROJECTS AND FILTERS" section you should see your NextGen project listed, since you just visited its dashboard.
  5. If you mouse over the link, you'll see it's "searchContainerId", you can use this as the pid!

Related Thread

Morvin Dixon October 2, 2019

That link took me to the main Project Settings page, that I have visited many times, but there is no option to change the lead.

Marketplace Partner
October 2, 2019

Let's see if someone tell us how to edit the project lead on a next-gen project because it seems there is no an easy way ;(

Morvin Dixon October 3, 2019

I have open a help desk case JST-516523 for this issue.  I will let everyone know if there is an official response from Jira.

Marketplace Partner
October 3, 2019

Sure!
Thanks for taking the time of resolve this mystery and share with the community the solution

0 votes
Marketplace Partner
October 1, 2019

Hi Morvin Dixon and Welcome,

Just click on the blue links and configure the value for the field Assignee on each request also use the last link to setup a default assignee for the whole project.

Note that you must select an existing user with the Assignable User Permission granted.

Related Information:

Does it solve your problem?

Regards

Suggest an answer