The 'Components' menu shows partial list of components (Continue typing to refine further)

Prateek Kumar August 13, 2013

Is there a way to show the full list - or atleast expand it when the user mousesover the last option? We have more than 15 components and some of them never get selected because users don't know they exist. Issues are being autoassigned to the wrong assignee.

7 answers

1 vote
Prateek Kumar September 23, 2013

I meant that users are not able to choose right components (which are invisible) and so the issues aren't being assigned to the right assignees - users are confused. They are either forced to choose wrong component or to manually override autoassignee. Either way, issues aren't reaching where they are supposed to. I am sure the logic works fine but the design is broken.

Rowan Frankel September 23, 2013

What Prateek is saying (and I am experiencing the issue as well):

When making a task, selecting a component brings up a dropdown that lists 15 components in alphabetical order. For projects that have more than 15 components, at the bottom of the list of 15, it just says, "## more options. Continue typing to refine search." This is frustrating, as some people do not know the exact component they should be assigning, and thus, would like to keep scrolling down to view all. Unfortunately, this is not possible by default.

Rowan Frankel September 30, 2013

Sorry for the bump - still hoping for a resolution here. Does anyone know if there is a way to make Component display all options instead of listing 15 and then stopping?

0 votes
Adam Jacobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2013

Issue JRA-33994 appears to be the main one Awaiting Development and requiring votes.

0 votes
Rowan Frankel November 8, 2013

Still looking for a resolution here.

"Is there a way to show the full component list - or atleast expand it when the user mousesover the last option? We have more than 15 components and some of them never get selected because users don't know they exist."

0 votes
Björn Feustel October 20, 2013
Rowan Frankel November 20, 2013

I also added my support to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-35186 . Would love to see a resolution here. Thanks.

0 votes
Юрий Пайков October 1, 2013

Our team is also anxious to see if there is a solution for this issue

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2013

you said "Issues are being autoassigned to the wrong assignee." at the end which means whatever the components you are giving and if automatic is selected in assignee field, based on that you are not getting the assignee or what?

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2013

I encountered the error while creating subtask. When I press the Create Subtask button, the screen should load with its parent Components(for which we have written script). But it is not showing any thing in the field list and dropdown list.

So we are forced to write additional thing to remove the components from the list and placed again.

here is the snippet

var field=AJS.$("#components");

if (field.parent().hasClass("frother-control-renderer")) {

field.parent().find(".multi-select").remove();

if (field.closest(".frother-control-renderer").hasClass("aui-field-componentspicker")) {

new AJS.MultiSelect({

element: field,

itemAttrDisplayed: "label",

errorMessage: AJS.params.multiselectComponentsError

});

}

}

which may help you.

0 votes
Rowan Frankel September 23, 2013

I am running into this problem as well. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks!

Suggest an answer