Textbox missing when editing a filter

Ashton Prince June 27, 2019

I have existing filters that I need to edit but when I try to edit any filter, the textbox for the JQL query is missing.  Shouldn't the textbox or simple query editor controls appear in the red box in the screenshot below?

2019-06-27 10_45_20-Issue Navigator.png

I get the same result when navigating from the "Issues" dropdown menu or clicking "Edit Filter Query" under a board configuration.  I have tried creating new filters and editing thoses with the same result.  I have tried with and without administrative privileges and with a non-admin login.  The problem persists in both Edge and Chrome (edit: and Firefox). 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edit:

Checking dev tools, there are a few divs with "hidden" in the class. Removing these shows and enables the advanced filter box, but the filter cannot be saved.

1 answer

0 votes
rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2019

Hi @Ashton Prince 

I generally faced this issue with chrome browser.

Please access issue navigator page from different browser and see if it's working.

Also, verify if your current browser is compatible with version of your jira version in case you may need to upgrade your browser.

Ashton Prince June 27, 2019

I have tested in Chrome and Edge, and both are up to date.  Jira is on 8.0.2 and has been for a couple months.  I just noticed the issue this week and assumed it was a Chrome update until it failed in Edge as well.

Ashton Prince July 1, 2019

I checked in Firefox and the search is still hidden.  Looking in dev tools, there are a few divs with "hidden" in the class list.  Removing hidden, displays the advanced search box but the filter cannot be updated/saved.

spearmint_man January 14, 2021

did this ever get resolved ? i have the same issue.... :( 

Suggest an answer