Task is not created from mail

ThomasEdinson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 7, 2021

Creation of tasks from mail is configured. Connecting to mail via mail handlers. But the creation and distribution of tasks works through the scriptrunner mail handler. The problem itself: periodically a letter arrives in the mail, is deleted and the task is not created. If you add the mail letter again, then the parser and script will work correctly.

1 answer

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2021

Hi @ThomasEdinson 

To assist here, we would need log entries that show why your mail wasn’t processed.

• Generate a JIRA support zip when the issue occurs,
  • Look at the atlassian-jira-incoming-mail.log as well as the atlassian-jira.log to see what errors were thrown.
  • Check for mail failure reasons , for example the mail title and sender.

Copy over what the failure reason is and we will be happy to help.

Regards.

ThomasEdinson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 8, 2021

Hi @Ismael Jimoh 

The problem is that no errors are recorded in the logs. It feels like the parser doesn't even run the script. But let me remind you that this does not always happen. In addition, you can re-add the problem letter back to the mail and everything will work for it.

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2021

Hi @ThomasEdinson ,

This is a bit hard as without a way to know what is causing the error, it would be hard for me to recommend.

When you say it works at times, could you check or confirm if there is any similarity between the emails that are failing the first time around?

Other than that, you could add log entry calls you your script to determine if it is being reached and if yes as you said, the only other option would be you are hitting some sort of quota of mails allowed to be processed.

I would definitely check my first point of what the similarity there is between the failed emails.

Regards.

Suggest an answer