Sync bitbucket users

QaiWare Ltd. October 17, 2012

Is it possible to automatically sync users from our bitbucket team account with jira ondemand?

DVCS Accounts is already setup and i can see the repostiries, but i have hoped that i can also sync the users from bitbucket.

1 answer

0 votes
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2012

Hello There,

I am not really sure how you want to Sync the users? do you mean having the users in BitBucket and in JIRA connected together?

However, the DVCS connector will determine the identity of the user based on their Email, so it will match the Email address of the user provided in the commit, with the user Email address in JIRA. Hence if your Git client's Email is the same as your JIRA Email, that user will appear whenever a commit is made.

Hope this helps!

QaiWare Ltd. October 17, 2012

yes i understand this, i just hoped that it will be also possible to SSO between bitbucket and jira. With the current setup i would invite all bitbucket users in jira, what i have hoped to achieve is - all the bitbucket users in the team account also get access to jira with their bitbucket usernames and passwords. Without having to invite them separately and for them to have a separate account/registration. Guess this is not possible?

Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

Currently that's not implemented. As BitBucket userbase and JIRA users are different and not in one package as other OnDemand application.

As now BitBucket is a cloud based hosting service, that are open for OnDemand customers as well as non-ondemand customers.

Suggest an answer