Switch to Menu customization

Angelica Krott October 25, 2019

I want to be able to stop the recommended apps from displaying in the switch to menu. Right now, JIRA is hogging 3 of them and with the heavy line spacing it pushes all my custom links out of view.

There has to be a way to turn off apps to try so users can actually see the links they need versus advertisements. I can't find it though. Can anyone help? 

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2019

Hi @Angelica Krott

By default - not that I know of.

There should be a few different sections:

• Switch To - which might include Discover
  • Discover 
  • Recent
  • More - for custom URLs

^ So custom URLs would usually be down in the final section.

Ste

Angelica Krott November 4, 2019

Thanks. Yeah I know. Unfortunately that makes it very unfriendly for users who are new to Confluence and JIRA. I wish they would change this feature. I've had to spend hours with people just making them used to the oddity of their navigation and some users never get it. 

I understood Atlassian wanting to tout new apps, etc. but don't do it at the expense of the user. At the least make this viewable to only admins.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2019
Angelica Krott December 9, 2019

Thank you! I'll keep an eye out for it. I signed up to watch the page.

Suggest an answer