Swimlanes / Quick Filter - JQL [BE] not working | [FE] works

Martin November 24, 2020

I'm trying to show the difference between Backend and Frontend Stories by starting the Stories with  "[BE] lorem Ipsum" or "[FE] lorem Ipsum" or "[Design] Lorem Ipsum". 
I also want to provide Quick Filters and Swimlane Queries with filtering options. 

Usage of:

Design -> summary ~ "\"[DESIGN]\"" <- works

Frontend -> summary ~ "\"[FE]\"" <- works

Backend -> summary ~ "\"[BE]\"" <- don't work

Any Idea why [BE] as filter isn't working?

3 answers

0 votes
Martin November 24, 2020

but  > [BE] < ( BE in brackets) is not reserved.. so how can I check (regex) 100% matching a "summary starting with [BE] " like a normal search and replace where I would search for something

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2020

Hi @Martin ,

it's not in the list of reserved words, but there is an entire thread of people wondering why it's not possible to search this word : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JQL-Query-to-filter-out-issues-where-Summary-contains-a/qaq-p/321309

0 votes
Martin November 24, 2020

Hey thanks for your reply. 
Components we currently use for backend and frontend both ...and its growing, so I would need to change the filter often. Hm I need to finde a better wording or solution - I guess.

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2020

Hi @Martin , 

it might be because it's a reserved word, you can see the full list here : https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-is-advanced-searching-in-jira-cloud/

Otherwise, I would advise using Components to show difference between Stories as it's way easier to use. Have you considered this ? 

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Suggest an answer