Sum scripted field

Hi,

Anyone know if it's possible to sum a scripted field (provided by Script Runner, defined as number)?

I tried...

... and issueFunction in aggregateExpression("My Total","MyScriptedFieldName.sum()")

didn't seem to work.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

It does not at the moment, I have created https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-1909, although there are other ones that are similar.

Please vote/watch it, so you get a notification when it's done.

Thanks @Jamie Echlin (Adaptavist). I would vote and watch, but I signed up and got the following message when I tried to view: https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-190. Don't know if you can fix that. Thanks.

This issue can't be viewed

The issue you're trying to view can't be displayed.
It may have been deleted or you don't have permission to view it right now.

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist]

I am thinking of a workaround... is it possible to update a 'regular' custom field inside a scripted field? That way, I can use the  aggregateExpression with the 'regular' custom field.

If that's possible, is there any code snippet you can direct me to?

Thanks again.

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist]

I answered my own question, yes, it's possible to update another custom field from a scripted field (at least my code seems to work). Thanks again.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,919 views 19 22
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you