Sudden change in wallboard background color

Kyle Thomas April 16, 2019

Only really noticed this week (April 15th) that the background color for wallboards has changed from black(#00000) to royal blue (#273447). To my knowledge we haven't changed anything and it now makes the dashboards look ugly with black widgets on a blue background. 

Anyone else experiencing this? I've looked to see if there is a way to set this value myself but it looks like this isn't an option.

7 answers

1 vote
Tony Roberts April 17, 2019

Also an issue for our wallboards, as well as now containing the name of the widget in the top of each gadget

Kyle Thomas April 17, 2019

This has happened to us too. Seem to be related to this change.

1 vote
Marc Hanley April 16, 2019

Can also confirm this is affecting our instance, and there doesn't appear to be a workaround available.

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2020

The fix for this issue has been released:

In case you are still affected please contact support.

Cheers,
Dario

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2019

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback. I checked that this change was on purpose to fix another bug. With that said, I created a feature request suggesting to change it back to black or to add the ability to change to another color:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates. I added the link to this question on the feature, but feel free to add any other feedback you have related to the background color.

Regards,
Angélica

Kjetil Kalla October 31, 2019

Thanks for raising this. I've voted and I'm watching.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Gavin Williams August 5, 2019

We have this too, it's ugly as!

0 votes
Deleted user May 28, 2019

Yes, we have this new color as well. 

+ a few other issues with the Agile Wallboard Gadget.

1. The assignee icon has disappeared.

2. A "popup" message saying "this board has been updated. Refresh" show up, just like on your normal board, but now also in Wallboard mode, which is really annoying.

0 votes
Chris_Rose May 14, 2019

This is definitely an issue, I have just started trying to create some wallboards and they are nasty. Also they run the gadgets off of the bottom of the screen, has this always been the case?  When I am looking at examples from the past the gadgets appear to respect the screen space and keep their content sized appropriately. 

Kyle Thomas May 15, 2019

This was working for us until early April. We got around it by installing custom global style sheets on chromium, which remove the nasty colours and take out the headings etc. 

Not ideal, but its at least something. I could go into more detail is anyone is interested?

Like Jacob Pennock likes this
Tony Roberts May 28, 2019

I would be interested in a fix for this if you have a workaround @Kyle Thomas 

Suggest an answer