We have stories that each have sub tasks of Development & QA.
1) Can we set the stages for the sub tasks differently then the actual story? For instance subtasks: In Progress & Done. For story: in development, ready for testing, in testing, staging, done.
2) Can we have it so that the sub tasks drive the story's workflow? Meaning if the dev task is moved to done, the story gets moved to ready for qa automatically.
1) Yes, apply a different workflow. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-workflow-schemes-302809197.html
2) Not quite automatically on Cloud. If you move sub-tasks to done in Agile, then they will progress the story to done as well when the last one is complete. But there's no other automation on Cloud yet (On Server, we write scripts and use addons)
This is not true. I just set this up and it doesn't work like I want it to work. For example, Stories without Sub-Tasks can be dragged and dropped to any column on the board, no problemo. Awesome! However, as soon as I add a sub-task to the Story BAM! I'm immediately prevented from dragging-and-dropping the Story into columns...but I am allowed to drag-and-drop the Sub-Task (facepalm). Why is this happening?
1) yes, every subtask has its own independent status. Even workflow and available set of status values may be different for subtasks.
2)Yes, you can do this workflow post functions.
If you are using JIRA Agile you can only assign issues to sprint, not subtasks. That means all subtasks will be assigned to the same sprint.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs