Structure Export to Excel

Darryl Fernandez March 16, 2014

Hello,

When I export my structure to excel to do some more advanced reporting the hours are exported as time instead of decimals. Because of this i have to manually change all the hours to decimals so that i can run reporting.

Is there a way to export the hours from structure as decimals instead of actual time?

Ex. I have exported a project where the time is 3 hours (3.00) but in excel it shows up as 3:00

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2020

As a more configurable alternative to Structure's Excel export feature, try Structure - Better Excel Exporter integration

Better Excel Exporter is super-configurable, you can rework cell formatting, data conversion, formulas, etc. and fill up the Excel spreadsheet from the Structure items.

jira-structure-portfolio-report

0 votes
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2014

Hi Darryl,

There's no way to export time as decimals, currently, but you can easily convert the duration into decimals in Excel. The cell shows you time formatting, and the value is there in days. So what you need is to add another column in Excel, and fill the cells with formulas like =K2*24 where K2 is the cell with the time, and apply decimal formatting to the column.

Hope this helps!
Igor

Corey Treaster November 15, 2018

This doesn't quite help. I'm having the same issue. For example the time is 3 hours but in excel it shows up as 3:00am like an actual time. Then if you click on the 3:00 the formula view shows 1/1/1900  3:00:00 AM.

So you can't do math on a time/date and this is what Jira is exporting the work logged field as.

Rolf Neumann January 18, 2019

I have same problem as Corey wrote - any further help on this?

Thanks

Rolf

Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 5, 2019

Hello Rolf & Corey,

At the moment there is no way to change how duration values are exported and displayed in Excel by default, but you can change the format of cells in Excel to show values in a familiar Jira format.

You can try our Macro for Excel, developed specifically to solve this problem. You can get the Macro and the instructions on how to use it in our article here: https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Convert+time+data+in+Excel+export+to+Jira+format

If you have more questions or need assistance with exporting structures, please feel free to contact us at our Service Desk portal - support.almworks.com - and we will be back with you shortly.

Best regards,

Stepan Kholodov

ALM Works

Suggest an answer