Story Points field won't show up on my board

Regina Kondracki January 16, 2021

I can't get Story Points to show up as a field on any of the screens of my board.  I've been searching for an answer on these community posts and not finding anything that will work.

When I go to Board > Configure > Estimation, I have it set to Story Points.

But when I go to Board > Configure > Issue Detail View, Story Points is not an available field listed in the Drop Down for the General Fields, which seems really odd.

Within my project, when I go to Project Settings > Fields, Story Points is set up to show on all five screens. 

But Story Points will not show up on my project. Can anyone help?

I am in Classic (not Next-Gen) and I use the Cloud version.

For a while, I was using the "Story Point estimate" field, but it was not working properly.  For example, I could add values, but at the end of the sprint, it would not show the total points from the sprint or the burn down or velocity.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2021
Regina Kondracki January 17, 2021

@Carlos Garcia Navarro - yes!  One of the solutions in that string worked!  Thank you.

Like Carlos Garcia Navarro likes this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2021

You're welcome! :-)

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2021

Hi @Regina Kondracki 

If you have active sprint running you can find the field by clicking on the issue card and more options fieldStory Points.png

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2021

FYI

Story Points is available for Issue types - Story and Epic

Regina Kondracki January 16, 2021

Pramodh, thank you for your response, but the Story Points field is not showing up for me there.  It's also not in the "Show x more fields" section at the bottom right either.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2021

Hi @Regina Kondracki 

It might be a bug, please follow the link @Carlos Garcia Navarro has posted

Thanks,
Pramodh

Regina Kondracki January 17, 2021

@Pramodh M - thank you!  Very helpful.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE