Status change of an issue

Jira Softera July 7, 2021

Hello,

I'm here with a question about issue statuses.

Usually when issue gets a status resolved it automatically (after some time) changed to > first follow up sent > closed. 

Now after an issue gets a status resolved it doesn't change. 

Our customers started to notice this at the start of June. 

Do you have any ideas where to check for the problem? Workflow, SLA, automation?

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

@Jira Softera - from your user's expectations, this sounds like an automation.

Hopefully you can find the automation source - Power Scripts, ScriptRunner, Jira Automation?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Check for "services" in general for where most apps might automate this from (Scriptrunner for example, will show in there), and then go through your Automations.

Jira Softera July 12, 2021

Hey,

Аs I understand, they're using script-runner, but here I can't see the automation 'resolved > first follow-up sent > closed 'image.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2021

Ok, that makes sense.  You said:

"... it automatically (after some time) changed to > first follow up sent > closed. 

Now after an issue gets a status resolved it doesn't change. "

That suggests to me that you had a service that ran regularly, checked for issues that had been in a "first follow up sent" status for a while and transitioned them, but one of your admins has removed it (or possibly disabled it)

Suggest an answer