Start Date and Forms

Deleted user May 31, 2021

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to use a custom Issue type in a Jira service management project as a booking tool. I'm trying to set up a form that people can fill in to book out assets (another issue type). When I build the form, 'Start Date' isn't listed as a field that I can use on the Form.

Is there a way I can add the standard field 'start date' to a form so that when someone creates the issue, they can put in their own start and due date?

I prefer not to create custom fields because that won't add them to the timeline automatically. Unless there is a way to have my customer fields fill in the start date.

Thanks very much!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

Hi @[deleted] 

In order to add a field to a Service Management form, the field needs to be on the Create screen associated with the project and issue type. You will be able to use the system-default start date and due date fields, so no need to create a custom field for these.

You can see the screens that are in use by going through project settings > screens, or by going to Issues > Issue type screen schemes, then finding the scheme used by your SM project and then by clicking through to the screen schemes and screens in use.

Deleted user June 1, 2021

You sir, are a star!

Jehosúa Ibuarben June 17, 2021

Hi @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_,

Thanks for your answer, very helpful to understand how it works.

However, we have some issues setting up a form because in the list of available fields to drag we don't see all the fields visible on the Create screen. In fact, some are not visible in the Create screen, neither the View screen.

Any clue on why is this happening?

Thank you!

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

Within your Request Type, if you go to the Request Form tab and try to add the fields there - it sounds like you're on the Agent view if you are able to drag fields around the screen.

If the fields aren't available after clicking on Add a Field, then either:

a) the fields need adding to the Create screen of the issue type your Request is mapped to
b) the Create screen needs adding to the appropriate screen schemes, which then need to be added to the issue type screen scheme used by your JSM project

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events