Sprints shared across all projects?

Dieter Blomme July 8, 2014

If I edit an issue and want to add a sprint, the sprints from other projects are also shown. We use an agile board per project.

Can this be disabled?

7 answers

0 votes
Tal Levi July 15, 2020

+1 - sounds small issue but it actually gets in the way all the time .....

0 votes
Alexander Menschikov June 5, 2020

+1 to fix this issue.

0 votes
Chris Lange May 25, 2018

any news on that? We are struggeling with this problem 3 years later :/

Gary Mahan October 22, 2018

+1 here as well, we are still seeing this issues, is there a way to turn shared sprints off?

Ilene Cartright June 4, 2019

+1 Still an issue and because our company uses the same sprint naming convention I have four different active sprints in the dropdown menu that I cannot distinguish between. :-/

0 votes
Kevin Roulleau February 8, 2016

Big +1 to fix that issue. It should be made clearer which board the suggested sprints come from.

0 votes
Dieter Blomme June 11, 2015

We have started using boards across projects, but usually Kanban boards for an overview. Sprints should only be shown if the issue could be added to that sprint IMO

0 votes
Ryan Williams June 11, 2015

This appears to still be an issue... as described by Jessica.  It would be great if there was a fix for this.

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2014

Hi Dieter,

It seems that the filters being used by the boards are not correctly configured to filter this issue out of their boards - take a look on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Configuring+Filters

Basically, each board should have its saved filter like:

project = 'ThisProject' ORDER BY Rank ASC

I hope this helps! :)

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I've double checked the board configuration, and we use the boards purely per project. THat was also the way I've set them up from the beginning. The only difference I see is for two projects for which the name contains no spaces, there are no quotation marks around the name in the filter query.

There are also no issue popping up on several boards, I only see the wrong items on the edit or create issue screen.

grtz,

Dieter

Jessica_Moszkowicz July 8, 2014

If I'm understanding Dieter correctly, the problem is not with the boards, but with sprints showing up in the drop down suggestions list when you want to add an issue to a sprint. It seems like board filters work fine, but it's unsettling when a sprint that's totally unrelated to he issue's project comes up as a suggested sprint.

Like Lester W likes this

Thanks Jessica for phrasing it so eloquently :)

That's exactly my problem!

Jessica_Moszkowicz July 8, 2014

Thanks. It seems like a lot of people have been struggling with the same thing lately too. Hopefully, Atlassian can provide a workaround or point us to a bug to upvote. :-)

Dieter Blomme July 15, 2014

I'm hoping it too, with over 6 projects for just "trying jira out" and several active sprint, this will not become easy for us otherwise :)

Suggest an answer