Sprints for Multiple Projects

Patrick Dufresne October 13, 2017

We have multiple projects that exist (one for finance tasks, and a few service desks).

Is there a way I can create a sprint using tasks from multiple projects (including service desk tasks) within my existing project (Project Management Scheme)?

Can I only create sprints if I use a certain project type?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2017

A board can have any type of project or issue that is in JIRA.  You just need to adjust the Boards filter or when creating the board configuring the filter to include the specific projects and issues.  The board will also need to have the proper columns so you can migrate issues to different statuses.  Once you have the issues on the board you can create the sprint and add issues from multiple projects.

Here is an article on configuring a board.  The righ hand menu on the article has information about filters, creating a board, etc. - https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile066/jira-agile-user-s-guide/configuring-a-board

hitesh.khetani January 9, 2020

Is it possible for a board to have multiple projects within a Next-Gen Project?

Like # people like this
Ahmet Kilic _catworkx July 14, 2021

Hey Hitesch,

cause the team-managed projects formely next-gen project has no filter adjustment. you are not able to do this. 

Team-managed project concept is actually that it gives you ability to manage spesific tasks which takes 3-4 months. It is also not so useful to manage multiple projects. 

I hope, it helps.

Best,

Ahmet Kilic

Certified Atlassian TAM and SPC

Suggest an answer