Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sprint cannot be completed as there are incomplete subtasks on the following issues:

I'm trying to close out a Sprint and I"m getting this notice "Sprint cannot be completed as there are incomplete subtasks on the following issues:"

I thought there was an option to push incomplete items into the next sprint but I'm not seeing it.

Is there a setting that controls this?

2 answers

4 votes

You need to make sure the issues that contain the not-done sub-tasks have not been erroneously moved to "done" when they have open sub-tasks.  They'll need to be re-opened so they can go over to the next sprint.

The subtask is changed to status 'Cancelled' with Resolution value 'Cancelled'. Then, automation resolves the tasks because are subtasks are done.

All sub-tasks were in a statuscategory 'Done', yet the sprint cannot be completed.

Are they all in the last column on the board as well?

Like # people like this

(sorry for bad english) I have the same problem...all sub-tasks were in "Done", yet the sprint cannot be completed.

Help plz!

We had this problem as well. Originally, we did not use the Sub-task feature of JIRA and simply filtered them out of all of our boards. Recently there was a change to our internal process to use Sub-tasks, but not all boards were updated.

To update Board Filters and Columns configuration:

1. From the Board you are working on, click the "Board" menu (top right) and then click "Configure".
  2. To update the Board Filter, click "General" and then "Edit Filter Query".
  3. Modify the filter to include issuetype of Sub-task, then click "Search".
  4. Once you have been able to search successfully, the "Save" button will appear at the top of the page. Don't click "Save as", because that will create a copy instead of saving over the original query.
  5. Return to the Board and once again go to the configuration options: "Board > Configure"
  6. To update the Board Columns, click "Columns".
  7. On the right hand side, you will see "Unmapped Statuses". Any Issues with status in this column will block Sprint progression. You may need to scroll left-and-right within the column list to see all available options. Drag and drop the status item from "Unmapped Statuses" to the correct status column.
    • For example, drag "Closed" to the "Done" column; drag "Open" to "Defined" or "In Progress".
  8. Changes made here are immediate, and do not require saving.

Once the Board Filter and Column configuration are complete, proceed to the board to review the new column assignments and click "Complete sprint".

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you