It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Convert sub task to task type

I looked around and saw that I should be able to click ... and move my subtask to a task.

I see a message

N/A Change Issue Type There are no other sub-task issue types defined in the system

I am the admin of the site and I am not sure how to set up that a sub task can become a task

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

found it under the edit flow right above the list of sub tasks

Thank you

I can't see a way to change sub-task to task. I'm just creating a task and then move the subtask to the new task.

Here is a better picture for you provided you are using the cloud. Click the "convert to issue" and you will be able to accomplish your task.

Help.png

Like # people like this

Thank you.

The view is a little different. (I am not even sure why and I am not used to this layout)

There are 3 dots where I can move, clone configure etc. There is no option there to create or convert subtask.

To change a story to a task etc I just click on the icon next to the jira number and click change issue type. For sub task its disabled

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 12.23.08 PM.png

Tzippy,

Go to your ticket under MORE --> Convert to...

You can also convert a task to a sub-task the same way.

Victor

Alright, state you have task1.

You need to include some new sub tasks beneath it.

Snap on  of undertaking 1, hit 'new assignment help online beneath'. Before you type in the errand, drag it a piece to right to make it a sub task. Hit enter when done and you will get another dark sub task. Rehash.

on the off chance that you do the indent that way and, at that point hit enter it places you into another errand brief to include an undertaking at a similar degree of indent. Extremely decent. I never thought sub tasks were an issue in Todoist tbh

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you