Sprint Report - Bugs found during sprint

Garry Horoupian April 29, 2021

Hello, 

One of the questions my management ask is "what bugs were found during the sprint?" and "did we increase the bug backlog in this sprint?"

It would be really nice to have a list of Bugs found during the sprint in the "Sprint Report". 

Anyone agree?  or has someone found a way to create a filter that would provide this information?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

Hi, @Garry Horoupian  !

My teams use Sprint Report for that needs - View and understand the sprint report :

Issues added after the sprint starts are indicated with an asterisk.

Yes, i understand that, but that's only good if the bugs were added to the sprint.

Anyway to get list of bugs created during the sprint (regardless of whether it was assigned to the sprint)?

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

In that case you can create filter(than add any gadget on Dashboard) with JQL like:

project in (ABC) and issue type in (Bug) and (Sprint = ABC or (status changed from “To do” to "In Progress" during (start date of sprint, end date of sprint)) or (created >= “start date of sprint” and created <= “end date of sprint”))
Garry Horoupian May 3, 2021

Thanks Alexander,  i'll try this out, however still think it should be added to the Sprint Report.

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Hi Garry,

Why couldn't you just create a filter that shows Sprint = XYZ and issuetype = Bug

That would work fine, however

1. You would have to make sure that the reporter assigned the bug in that sprint
  2. How would you differentiate the Bugs that were assigned to the sprint prior to the start of the sprint?
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

1. Yes - but I would think you would need to do that anyway.

2. You could do that based on create date. 

1. well, yes and no:
    1. First it's subject to human error.... what if he/she forgot to assign the Sprint to the bug filed
    2. Also depends whether or not the bug was a regression that was caused by a story in the current sprint OR it was there before.  
    3. bugs found during a sprint should be resolved during a sprint, however that may not always be the case
  2. Based on create date is possible, but you'ld have to update the filter with every sprint.     It would be so much better to have a section in the Sprint Report for bugs found in sprint.    
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

Correct - everything in Jira is subject to human error when they enter tickets.

And, yes, you will need to update the filter or create a new filter each time you create a new sprint. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events