Spliting jira into two instance

Karim Belhadj January 23, 2019

Hello team

Jira server

As administrator , i would like to split jira into 2 instance , what steps should i do , to acheive it correctly and no problem take place?

Regards 

3 answers

0 votes
Bogdan Gorka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2019
0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2019

Hello,

You would need to create a second instance of Jira. Create a backup from your current instance. Take a backup from the first instance and install it to the second instance. Then delete not required projects from the first and second instances.

Karim Belhadj January 23, 2019

@Alexey Matveev  @Sreenivasaraju P  , so that's good , but i need what requirement should do in this procedure .

Should the both instance have the same data ?

Sould the both instance use the same home directory ?

And what does mean clustering  or load balancing by the way ?

Thank you very much 

anshu02
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2019

Hi Karim, 

Yes as mentioned by Alexey, you would need to restore the backup to second instance and then delete the unwanted projects.

Please note you must have different home directory for second Jira instance.

Hope this helps !

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2019

Hi @Karim Belhadj,

What do you mean by spliting jira ? You want to separate certain projects in one instance and other projects in one instance . 

What is your thought

Suggest an answer