Split issue in Next Gen Project

Risshanth Kathiresan November 7, 2018

Hello,

Is it still possible to split/clone issues in the next-gen version and how to log hours?

A story with 13 points is taken in a sprint (assuming it will be completed in that sprint).  For better clarity in the reports, will have the developer to split it further with smaller story points / hours (thru sub task in classic version).  How can we achieve this in next-gen project?  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2018

Hello,

In the next-gen projects:

1. You can clone an issue.

2. You can not split an issue.

3. You can not estimate in hours. You estimate issues only in Story Points

Risshanth Kathiresan November 8, 2018

Thank you !!

Julian Gracia March 11, 2021

@Alexey Matveev 

I am having a similar issue as described above, I wanted to see if I can split stories other than creating clones. I did see that the original question was asked in 2018 but seeing that we in 2021, I wanted to know if there was something that released or introduced since the original question 

My question isn't about assigning hours to stories. My relation to the original question is to split stories that start in Sprint 1 and move to Sprint 2, points are decreased in splitting and the reports would show me what stories were split and track the completion of that story as a whole. If I were to clone, I would need to clone, mark the original story complete, strikethrough 'done' Acceptance criteria on the clone and reduce my points of the clone and link the clone to the original story. I feel that this is a workaround but it is more of a micromanagement of that story 

Suggest an answer