Sort by Attribute doesn't work in structure

Pavan September 7, 2021

Hello Team,

In structure we used sort by Attribute(Index) generators. but this is not beneficial.
Example:
suppose task with 1.2.2.1 is greater than 1.2.2.12 which is not correct in Ascending order.
Please suggest fruitful solution for this issue.
Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2021

Hi, @Pavan.  I think this post may be a duplicate of another, newer post?  If so, I suggest you remove the new one and we keep the convo. going here. (If your question in the new post is related but different, ignore this comment).

In either case, at this stage, I urge you to reach out to ALM Works directly so we can help you more quickly. Then, we can post a reply here sharing the resolution with the rest community.

You can reach the ALM Works support team via support@almworks.com.

Best,

-dave 

0 votes
Dima Kuzmin _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 8, 2021

Hi Pavan,

Dmitrii with ALM Works here.

Could you clarify how can you tell that 1.2.2.1 is greater than 1.2.2.12? What value are you referring to?

Kind regards,

Dmitrii Kuzmin

Pavan December 22, 2021

yes sure,

suppose in structure i have many issues.
we have multiple folders present in structure and we using Sequential Index effector to define the order of the issue inside structure.

Issue 1 with 1.2.2.1 sequential Index number

issue 2 with 1.2.2.1

issue 9 with 1.2.2.9

issue 12 with 1.2.2.12

sort by attribute can order the task till last one digit properly , once it becomes two digit , task 12 will arrange in the first.
After sort
eg:

issue12 with 1.2.2.12 come first

then issue1 with 1.2.2.1 come next
which is wrong

Pavan December 22, 2021

def indexFieldId = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Index").getIdAsLong()
def SortByIndexParams = [
attribute: [
id: "customfield",
format: 'order',
params: [
fieldId:indexFieldId

]

]
]

def IndexSorterItem = generatorManager.createGenerator(CoreStructureGenerators.SORTER_ATTRIBUTE, SortByIndexParams as Map, null)
def sorterIndexGeneratorItem = CoreIdentities.generator(IndexSorterItem)

Dima Kuzmin _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 22, 2021

Hi Pavan,

We see that you've submitted a support request by e-mailing us at support@almworks.com, thank you for that.

We are taking a look at it right now. Further communication will happen in the ticket, stay tuned.

Kind regards,

Dmitrii

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this

Suggest an answer