Some issue types are unavailable due to incompatible field configuration and/or workflow associations.

aris unknown November 28, 2013

Hello all,

I am getting the

"Some issue types are unavailable due to incompatible field configuration and/or workflow associations." message when I create an Issue. However everything works perfect, I do not have any problem when creating/editing an issue, even when I created a new custom issue type.

Is there any way to remove this message?

Thx in advance

5 answers

2 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2013

As Nic posted, the warning message is proper one which meant some of your issue types have different workflows configured. So issuetypes which fall under same workflow, they are visible in the select list.

You can simply ignore it as yourself telling that it is not stoping your work.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2013

It's warning you that there are issue types you can't change to using the type as a field.

The simple way to be rid of it is to remove the issue type field from the create and edit screens. Or, you could configure your issue types in the project to all work the same (although I doubt that's useful to you, most people have very good reasons to make them different). Otherwise, you're into coding.

1 vote
Derek Sheeman October 22, 2014

There is absolutely no reason that I can identify that this message should appear on the create screen. If fact, the statement is completely false as all issue types are available at the time of creating.  It is during editing that this may or may not be true.

On the create screen, it is misleading and unhelpful.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2014

On the create screen, it only appears when you've started to enter data that *might* be lost if you change the issue type at that point. Which would aggravate the users if they aren't told.

Derek Sheeman October 23, 2014

I'm assuming that default values for fields also count as "started to enter data." It doesn't change the fact that the line of text "Some issue types are unavailable due to incompatible field configuration and/or workflow associations." on the create screen is patently false. In fact, I get this line for projects which only have one issue type associated to it.

Like Aurel Băicuianu likes this
0 votes
s_vanleeuwen1 March 30, 2021

I actually have this issue when Ihave different workflows for every issue type. When I start creating the epic issue in the new set up project I get that issue with the error ''An story should be part of an epic''. 

I read here that the solution might be in the workflow but what should I change then? I should be able to create an epic and the epic has its own workflow.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2014

Which does encourage your users to bother your admins saying "why can't I change to type X"? I'd very strongly recommend NOT implementing that.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question