Smart value endsWith doesn't work in one case

Szymon Ptak May 20, 2021

Hi, the fact the jira doesn't recognize between adding a text comment and an attachment file to an issue I have come with automation rules to solve that problem.

When a graphic file is added, the name is contained between ! tags, example : !file.png|height=24width=16!

For that case im using comment.body.endsWith("!") smart value and it works perfectly.

However when a file is attached (for example .doc) the name is contained between [ ] tags.

Example : [^form-submission.js]

For that case I also wanted to use comment.body.endsWith("]") but it never works (the condition is never met). Even though I checked the string and it CLEARLY ends with ]. 

Could someone please help? Is there maybe an invisible value or something? Weird.

Ps. I am using comment.body.endsWith because I am extracting a comment also, I have rules cutting text and attachment files so that is why I am using it like this. For example comment is added like this : "hi i am attaching this file [attached file]"

So in this case i have to extract the text first and then cut the last part, because text is before attachment. In other case If I attach a file first, and then write a comment, the string is like : "[attached file] hi i am attaching this file" I have to cut the first part and save the other....

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Szymon Ptak May 20, 2021

I actually used ReplaceAll for this after some consideration and it works... Tried to overcomplicate things

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events