Slack integration failing

James Porter August 20, 2018

We started experiencing a slack integration issue.  It seems that Jira no longer sees the slack account channel.  It is happening for a specific channel.  Another channel is working fine.

we get the following errors in the trouble channel

Slack integration add-on error: something went wrong while getting teams list

Please, contact support or try again later. Error id is: d07abdc0-a4de-11e8-a8f0-ef6fb6e16bdc.

Client-side error

Client-side error. Error ID: b4f8ee84aff943e0acda0db777af9811. Please reload the page or try again later.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2018

Hi James,

We had a transient issue with the Slack connector last night. It was resolved after a short bit. Are you still seeing the same issue?

Thanks,
Daniel

James Porter August 21, 2018

we are not seeing that issue, however I'm not sure if it is passing info.  I may delete the slack integration for the channel and recreate it.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2018

That's a sound approach. Cheers!

James Porter August 21, 2018

I tried that approach, but now I can't see the specific #channel I want to communicate with.  Other channels are showing up, but not the one we used originally.  I typed #app-dev, which is the channel we were previously using and Jira can't seem to see it.image.png

Sean Waters
Atlassian Team
August 22, 2019

@James Porter If you are creating a new connection from within Jira you will only be able to create connections with public channels in Slack.  This is because, depending on how you got to the management screen we are not able to reliably check what permissions you have on the Slack side and thus, can't offer you private channels.  However, if you go to the channel in slack and type `/jira connect` you should be able to create the subscription and then manage it from within Jira.  If this still isn't working, please let us know and we can help from there.  Also, apologies for the client errors those should be resolved as of yesterday afternoon. Thanks much!

Like Dave Liao likes this
Fotis Paraskevopoulos January 30, 2022

I don't understand why this is the accepted answer. It seems this issue is still occurring for a multitude of users.

We are on a paid Jira / Jira Service Management instance.

Screenshot 2022-01-30 at 7.30.26 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-01-30 at 7.30.19 PM.png

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
January 31, 2022

Hi @Fotis Paraskevopoulos , the issue in your screenshot is something different than the problem in this original question from several years back. Atlassian Support needs to do some checks on your site however in order to clear the error up. I've created a support case on your behalf - you should have received an email from our support portal a few minutes ago. If you could reply to that email and confirm which site is showing this error, we'll get it resolved.

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Support 

1 vote
Boujraf Youssef March 16, 2020

Dear

I have the same issue and already triggered an issue to support team but no reply

2020-03-16_13-03-01.jpg

I hope this error could help you.

Best Regards

Youssef

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 17, 2020

Hello Youssef,

Thank you for reporting this. I see that my colleague has been assisting you on your case. I've asked him to reply here once it's resolved. That way, if there's a fix or a known bug, it will be publicly documented.

Thanks again,

Shannon

0 votes
Devashri Deshmukh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 30, 2023

I am facing this exact same issue today. Is there a workaround?

0 votes
Katrin Muck July 1, 2020

we have also just encountered this problem ... is there any working workaround at the moment?

0 votes
Jon Szymanski August 21, 2019

We are still seeing the client error for slack integration.
It loads the page with our existing integration very briefly, then quickly displays the error.   
Now working again but now also seeing no data in dropdown.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 22, 2019

Hello Jon,

You can raise this as a new question, or with the Support Team if you are on Jira Cloud. That will ensure your issue is seen and we can help you with your problem.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer