Sidebar not showing

Diego Wilson May 9, 2019

Hi everyone:

I upgrade UPM from 3.0.2 to 3.0.3 but if seems that it has a bug with the sidebar . It doesn't show it.

jhira2.pngjira3.png

In the console log its appear this error.

jira1.png

I hope you can help me.

Greetings

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2019

Hi Diego,

I'm not sure there is a problem with the UPM exactly here.  It could be, but from the errors you have posted it looks more like the Service Desk plugin/app might not be loading all the components expected.   Maybe an update to the UPM might have been related to that some how.  You could try to restart Jira, this would give the plugin a chance to start up again.

If you're confident the UPM is the culprit here,

1. Stop Jira
  2. Go to $JIRAHOME/plugins/installed-plugins/
  3. Remove any files with the name Universal plugin manager or UPM .jar out from this folder
  4. Start Jira again.

Since the UPM is bundled with Jira, doing this will revert your Jira instance to the bundled UPM version.  From there you can try to update it again, or try to upgrade to a different version if need be.

If loading Jira after a restart you find that Service Desk side bar is failing to load, try taking a look in the $JIRAHOME/log/atlassian-jira.log file.  You can search for the string "Failed Plugin" to find a failed plugin report on start up.  Should any plugins, like Service Desk fail to start up, this log will have more details about them.

You can also run the following query against the SQL database of Jira to see if you might have any disabled plugins in your site

select * from pluginstate;

This will return any disabled plugin, either by the system or a Jira sys admin account.

Please let me know

Andy

Diego Wilson May 16, 2019

Andy sorry for the late answer, I tried what you said but it didn't work .  Finally I solved by updating to the last version of Jira.

thanks for al !!

Suggest an answer