Show transition screen *conditionally* based on field value in issue

We have a common workflow that is shared by many development teams.  When the story is completed and pushed to the "ready for release" status, developers are supposed to fill in a "deployment instructions" field, but they aren't doing it consistently on my team.  I've created a screen that has a required field for deployment instructions.  However, I don't want this to affect ALL teams, I only want it to affect mine.  There is a custom dropdown field on all story screens called "Team"; if my team is selected, I want that popup to show.  

Is this possible?  We do have ScriptRunner; I'm wondering if it might be done with that.

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

The answer for people with no ScriptRunner is "create separate workflows"

SR people have another option - parallel transitions.  Have two transitions that go from one place to another, with similar names.  One should have the screen, the other should not.  You then place a scripted condition on each - one that says "when team = x" and the other says "when team != x".  Mutually exclusive, so the users only ever see one of the two.

Brilliant!  Thank you Nic!

Ivan Tovbin Community Champion Dec 09, 2017

Is it just me or you can achieve this even without any add-ons? Create two transitions with similar names and use "User is in group" or "User in is project role" condition which is available out of the box?

It depends on the condition needed.  In the question, the condition outlined is not one you can do with "plain" Jira off-the-shelf.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

21,266 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you