Show images on cards

Peter Ehardt October 30, 2019

Hello there,

I was wondering how I can enable the feature to show an attached image on a card. I've read there is a kind of a useless preview function that only shows a small preview "stripe" of the attachment (via Board settings > card layout > show images), but I'm actually looking for a valid way to show it like many other competitor products. I've read on some other Atlassian site about it that actually says: "A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance." E.g. when hovering with the mouse of an attachment it shows the "show on card" option, but I can't find where to enable it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2019

I de-spammed this post.

At this point you cannot place images on board cards. I have seen a presentation for Next-gen, I believe, that would indicate this is coming to NG.

BTW, where did you read about the "preview function"? Link?

Peter Ehardt October 30, 2019

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Cards-with-images-on-Kanban-board/qaq-p/709959

Posted as a suggestion by a community leader, not an official site though.

Sorry to hear tough about the cards. What is Next-Gen and when would this be offered?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2019

thanks for sharing. Chrome might be an interesting solution but I don't use Chrome. My experience w/ it is less than ideal performance-wise. I was not familar w/ the the Images field that Tarun spoke about but gave it a try and agree it isn't very useful. While you can mouse-over the image and the full image pops up (firefox) the images appear blurry and generally non-legible for me.

Suggest an answer