Cards with images on Kanban board

Dumitru Lungu January 23, 2018

How to have image direct on cars on Kanban board like in example

iamge_on_card.jpg

5 answers

2 votes
maxtwinkl January 13, 2020

This feature is available in Next-Gen projects.

Steps to enable:

1. Go to your board
  2. Click the "..." icon in the top right corner
  3. Click Show cover images

And now you'll have the Trello-style layouts with the previews showing.

Kevin Cressy June 4, 2020

Does this still work?  I can't see any option to do this on my board I only see 'Manage Rules'

Andre Larouche June 25, 2020

Are there any options for Classic Projects?

Like # people like this
Olivia Ng August 2, 2020

Please make this a thing for Classic projects on JIRA Cloud too -- my designers, artists, etc -- all prefer trello because it's so visual. Currently, JIRA doesn't quite cut it for them while as a PM, it's so much functionality in built and makes life so much easier that it's hard to ignore JIRA as an option for task management.

It's one of the main deciding factors whether we move to JIRA or stay on trello.

Like # people like this
Paul Fleer May 22, 2023

Still unsure why this hasn't made its way to Company-Managed (née Classic) projects?

Like # people like this
Ghassan Alkhatib February 7, 2024

My whole JIRA software, JIRA Service management, and Confluence deployment is not going to happen simply because images are not possible on classic JIRA cards. How is this not possible with all these resquests? Thumbnails are not the same, our mechanical and design engineers will not accept JIRA without the ability to see these images on the cards (multiple images) just like in Trello.

Like Paul Fleer likes this
2 votes
Steven Johny November 26, 2018

I use "Jira Thumbnail" crome extension for this. It adds image from task attachment to each task on Kanban board. You can try it too https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jira-thumbnail/noagphikabbpdaljickdeildfjggcnoc

1 vote
Peter Ehardt October 30, 2019

I'm amazed this is not yet implemented in times of so many competitors

Ghassan Alkhatib February 8, 2024

Crazy, right?? The same thought here!!

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2018

Image preview can be part of the cards being displayed. You can configure the board ->"card layout" to add "images" field in the card layout. But this will only display a preview and not a complete image. Something similar is a open request - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-13196

0 votes
leoanjossantos January 7, 2021

A way I found was pasting direct from my clipboard. Eg. on Mac push "Command"+"Shift"+"4". Copy selected area. Then past it on Jira body ("command"+"v").

Suggest an answer