Show full name of transition in the button

Marzi Goodarzian February 2, 2020

Hello 

Is there a way to widen transition button to show full name of transition?

for exmple:Name of transition is:

| Abcdefghijklmnopq |

while my Jira show this name for the button now:

| Abcde ... |

Is there a way to show the full name of the button?

Thanks very much

1 answer

0 votes
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2020

Hi Marzii125,

The displayed characters are limited to 25 characters - see JRASERVER-26746. I think you can use the reorder of buttons - the first button in the order will display the longest text. Please see Advanced workflow configuration:

To change the order of transition buttons:

To change the order of transition buttons, including additional transitions in the Workflow menu, add the property key opsbar-sequence to each workflow transition that you wish to reorder. Each opsbar-sequence property key requires a property value that defines the order of the transition action on issue views.

1. Go to the transition's properties, as described in Transition properties above.
  2. Type opsbar-sequence into the Property Key field, under 'Add New Property'.
  3. Type a value In the Property Value field, The value must be a positive integer (starting at '0'); it defines the order of the transition buttons on issue views.
  4. Consider using a sequence of opsbar-sequence property values like 10, 20, 30... to allow new transitions to be easily added later.
  5. Click Add.

Adding the opsbar-sequence property to a workflow transition does not change the order of these transitions in the workflow in Text edit mode. The addition of this property only affects the order of transitions on the View issue page.

Pavel

Marzi Goodarzian February 29, 2020

Thanks @Pavel Junek 

My mean is not sorting transition button,
and  JRASERVER-26746 is for opsbar-transition-more-drop in issue, I want in view screen  any transition button display full name. 

thanks

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2020

Hi @Marzi Goodarzian,

Ah, I see. It seems that it is unfortunately not possible to do it in the standard way - JRASERVER-39809 .

Pavel

Suggest an answer