Show field depending on the reporter

Thorsten Witt June 26, 2017

Is it possible to show a field in JSD depneding on the reporter or the reporters role?

ex.

Reporter A is part of SERVICE DESK CUSTOMERS, so Field A won't be displayed to him

Reporter B is part of SERVICE DESK TEAM, so Field A will be displayed to him

2 answers

0 votes
Katarzyna Pawlak March 1, 2018

Hi @Thorsten Witt,

I'm from InTENSO. Our app - Extension for JSD - allows to set a visibility of fields for selected groups. And this is exactly what you need! So you should only set a configuration in Fields Visibility tab (under Project settings) that field A will be shown for service-desk-team. Check this feature in our documentation. You can also select for which request types this configuration will be set.

Please get a 30-day trial from Marketplace. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask our support team.

Best regards,

Katarzyna

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2017

JIRA doesn't have field level security, and neither does Service Desk.

If however, Reporter A is only a customer and not a full JIRA user, then Service Desk will do this if you don't put the field on the portal.  A will only see the portal, without the field, but B will have access to the issue behind it, with the field on it.

Thorsten Witt June 26, 2017

Thanks Nic. Is there any other way? I'm asking because EXTENSION FOR JIRA SERVICE DESK does allow the usage of dynamic forms. It's just not possible with the reporter field. As such I'm interested if there is any other way to make this work.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2017

Ah, so you've got an add-on that does some of the work.  I'm not familiar with that one, but no, I don't know of anything that will do this.

Suggest an answer