Show changes only in issue history?

The issue history gets confusing after many changes, so it would be great to have a function "Changes only", where you won't see the whole history, but the changes only.

Is there a functionality for that in JIRA? Or a plugin?

We are using JIRA 5.2.6 right now.

3 answers

1 accepted

The thing is that our product owners don't write one-sentence-user stories, but many lines of description. So if they change some single word, the whole text is displayed in the history.

But I see your input... I guess I'll mark this answered.

Ah, I see, they want a "diff" type display for text fields.

I'm not aware of anything that will do that in Jira.

0 vote

The history is, quite simply, a list of changes to the issue.

I don't think you're making a mistake in what you're asking for here - you want to see less of the changes that go into the history. But there's no rule to tell us what parts you do want to see?

0 vote
Joe Pitt Community Champion Feb 17, 2014

What do you mean by changes? Any editing of a field, addition of a comment, or reassignment is a change. Do you mean changes from the last time YOU looked at it? If so that would be difficult to implement and would probably entail using cookies which means if you logon from another machine or your company has the browser set to delete cookies and temp files when closed for security reasons it wouldn't work if you close the browser.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

276 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you