Show/Hide Custom Fields depend on another custom Field Value

Stefani Kaimakliotou August 24, 2017

Hi,

I have three custom fields (A, B, C). I want to display on the form/initialize fields B and C only when field A has a value. Field A is a Select List (single choice). I have the Scriptrunner plugin so i can use either behavior plugin or scripted fields. I found many solutions in the community with similar codes but none of them is working properly for my project. 

Where do i have to put the code and what code shall i use to make the fields B and C hidden from the beginning (before creating the issue)?

1 answer

1 vote
Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2017

Hi Stefani,

You should be able to do this fairly easily using a behaviour.

1. Create a new behaviour added to Custom Field A
  2. Add a server side script
  3. Use this code (remember to put in the names of your fields for Field B and Field C)
def SelectListA = getFieldById(getFieldChanged()) // Field A

def TextFieldA = getFieldByName("TextFieldA") // Field B
TextFieldA.setHidden(true)

def TextFieldB = getFieldByName("TextFieldB") // Field C
TextFieldB.setHidden(true)

if (SelectListA.getValue()) {
TextFieldA.setHidden(false)
TextFieldB.setHidden(false)
}

This script will hide Field B and Field C whenever someone tries to create an issue. If they select a value for Field A, both fields will become visible.

Fields hidden from the beginning:

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 11.42.22 AM.pngFields shown after SelectListA has a value:

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 11.42.32 AM.png

Stefani Kaimakliotou August 24, 2017

I've tried it but it doesn't work, Am i missing something? I want to hide automatically these fields on the form. I am working on a Service Desk issue's form. When a user clicks on the 'Report a problem', the form that is shown has to have the fields B and C hidden and display them only when the user choose any value from the field A. Do i have to enable Initialiser Function or Validator Plugin?

Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2017

Behaviours do not work well with JIRA Service Desk, unfortunately.They are not compatible with each other.  https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-728

Qi Jiang August 28, 2017

Hi Joshua,

This works

Like Natalya Pavlova likes this
Stefani Kaimakliotou August 30, 2017

Qi Jiang what does exactly work? Is there any other way/solution for this to be done in Service Desk?

Suggest an answer