Show/Hide Custom Fields depend on another custom Field Value

Hi,

I have three custom fields (A, B, C). I want to display on the form/initialize fields B and C only when field A has a value. Field A is a Select List (single choice). I have the Scriptrunner plugin so i can use either behavior plugin or scripted fields. I found many solutions in the community with similar codes but none of them is working properly for my project. 

Where do i have to put the code and what code shall i use to make the fields B and C hidden from the beginning (before creating the issue)?

1 answer

Hi Stefani,

You should be able to do this fairly easily using a behaviour.

1. Create a new behaviour added to Custom Field A
  2. Add a server side script
  3. Use this code (remember to put in the names of your fields for Field B and Field C)
def SelectListA = getFieldById(getFieldChanged()) // Field A

def TextFieldA = getFieldByName("TextFieldA") // Field B
TextFieldA.setHidden(true)

def TextFieldB = getFieldByName("TextFieldB") // Field C
TextFieldB.setHidden(true)

if (SelectListA.getValue()) {
TextFieldA.setHidden(false)
TextFieldB.setHidden(false)
}

This script will hide Field B and Field C whenever someone tries to create an issue. If they select a value for Field A, both fields will become visible.

Fields hidden from the beginning:

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 11.42.22 AM.pngFields shown after SelectListA has a value:

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 11.42.32 AM.png

I've tried it but it doesn't work, Am i missing something? I want to hide automatically these fields on the form. I am working on a Service Desk issue's form. When a user clicks on the 'Report a problem', the form that is shown has to have the fields B and C hidden and display them only when the user choose any value from the field A. Do i have to enable Initialiser Function or Validator Plugin?

Behaviours do not work well with JIRA Service Desk, unfortunately.They are not compatible with each other.  https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-728

Hi Joshua,

This works

Qi Jiang what does exactly work? Is there any other way/solution for this to be done in Service Desk?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

711 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you