Setup SLA's based on our current template?

Sam Talataina January 18, 2017

Hi I'm wanting to configure the current SLA's that we have as default.  I was reading the following question and understand the concept, but I think I'm over thinking the steps that are required to do this. 

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/38861697/different-slas-for-different-support-levels-different-service-desk-users

Can someone advise how would I configure our SLA's based on the attached Template?

Thanks

Sam

SLA Template.jpg

3 answers

0 votes
Vladimir Yakimov _Botron_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2017

Hello,

Just edit the existing response and resolve SLAs (the JQL queries part with the ones from your screenshot). That would be the easiest way. And remove the newly created (Response)

Queries on the screenshots seem OK, though I would rather stick with the default Start, Stop, Pause settings.

image2017-1-20 9:39:53.png

And

image2017-1-20 9:40:48.png

If you what to implement entirely new metrics those should be available on old and newly created tickets as soon as SLA metric is saved.

Check also below two links. A tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCZ_YEzPbpI

and Atlassian documentation.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/setting-up-slas-732528967.html

both quite useful.

0 votes
Sam Talataina January 19, 2017

Hi Vladimir

Thanks for the response and your help.  Just to clarify, "For example Resolve SLA:" is the screenshot for Response SLA and not Resolve SLA?

Thanks

Sam

Sam Talataina January 19, 2017

Hi Vladimir

Can you confirm the images? Also I don't have any SLA's now in the Time to Resolution, how do I link it with the existing ones and when I created a new incident to test, it didn't pick up the SLA

Response SLA.JPGResolution SLA.jpg
Thanks
Sam
0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2017

Hello Sam,

First you need two separate SLA metrics created. One for Response SLA and one for Resolution. I would give you example for just one, the other one is setup the very same way only changing the name and the proper metrics.

For example Resolve SLA:

image2017-1-19 9:53:35.png

Choose SLA start => Issue Created (or any other status if other more appropriate in your case).

Pause On (if set) no SLA time would be accumulated while ticket is in that status.

Stop => by transitioning to which status SLA stops.

In the Issues (JQL) set the filters for each line in those two tables. Good thing is that you need only one resolve SLA for both Incidents and Service Requests. In your case JQL would be something like:

Issuetype = Incident and Severity = Level 1 and Priority(Description) = Critical THEN Goal field set to 3h AND Calendar 24x7

Below that another JQL 

Issuetype = Incident and Severity = Level 2 and Priority(Description) = High THEN Goal field set to 6h AND Calendar 24x7

and so on for the four severity lines. Then 4more in same SLA record for service requests

Issuetype = Service Request and Severity = Level 1 and Priority(Description) = Critical THEN Goal field set to 4h AND Calendar 24x7

Save and add new metric for Response SLA following the same steps.

Regards,

Vladimir

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2017

One thing to add for lower severities if "Sample 9-5 Calendar" working ours for you company/organization are different just use "Calendar" (right under "+ New Metric") to edit/add new calendar.

Suggest an answer